I was using my iPhone X in portrait orientation (vertically). When I changed it into landscape orientation (horizontally), the screen didn’t rotate (auto-rotate). Before this, it never happened to me. One of my friend guided me to solve this problem. If the screen won’t rotate on your iPhone X, this post will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Enable Screen Rotation in Control Centre
When you disable (turn off) Screen Rotation in Control Centre, the screen won’t rotate automatically.
- Swipe the screen up from the bottom of the phone to launch Control Centre. There you can see the Screen Rotation icon.
- Make sure that Screen Rotation is enabled (turned on).
Solution 2: Try Hard Reset/Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down at the same time.
Solution 3: Try Soft restart
- Launch “Settings”.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down to find “Shut Down” and tap it. Then turn on your phone.
Solution 4: Check whether Display Zoom is turned or not
If the Display Zoom is enabled, this problem will occur.
- Launch “Settings”.
- Select “Display & Brightness”.
- Tap “View”.
- Check whether Display Zoom is turned or not. If it is “zoomed”, select “Standard”.
- Tap “Set”.
- You can see a pop-up message on your iPad. Tap “Use Standard”. Then your device will restart.
Solution 5: Reset Factory Settings (Factory restore)
This process will erase all data from your mobile. So Before doing it take a back up your iPad or iPhone. After finishing this restore everything.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
- Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
Note: you can select either iTunes or iCloud to take a back up.
To take a back up,
- Launch Settings->iCloud
- Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is on.
- And tap on “Back Up Now”.
You can also Restore your iPhone using iTunes.
- Open different apps and check whether screen rotation is working or not.
- Open and close the apps forcely.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.