Your Mac should not have any problems when you try to sell it. It should be clean and fresh. You have to erase everything on your Mac to keep your mac clean as a new one. We can’t erase the data one by one because it will take more time. So Factory Reset is the only way to erase all data quickly.
Before restore your Mac to Factory Settings, Backup your information. Because this action will erase all data on your Mac. Here I am going to tell you how to restore MacBook Pro without disk. This article will also tell you how to reinstall macOS without disk.
To Backup your Mac,
- Go to Apple menu->System Preferences->Time Machine.
- Select “Select Backup Disk/Select Disk”.
- Select a disk that you want to Backup and then click “Use for Backup”.
How to restore Mac to Factory Settings without Disk?
- Connect your Mac to Internet connection (Wi-Fi or any other sources).
- Restart your Mac through Apple menu->Restart.
- When your Mac restarts, press and hold the Command+R keys until you see the macOS Utilities Window.
- Choose “Disk Utility” and then tap “Continue”.
- Select your hard drive on the left and then tap “Erase”.
- Click “Mac OS Extended” from the pop-up box.
- Enter a name for your disk. Then click “Erase”.
- After that select Disk Utility->Quit Disk Utility.
- Select “Reinstall macOS” and then tap “Continue”.
- You will be prompted to choose your disk. If you are not asked to select your disk, tap “Show All Disks”. You may need to enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Tap “Install”. Wait until the installation process is completed. Your Mac will restart after completing the installation.
Now your Mac has become a new one.