Here you can learn how to restore the iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from an old backup. This way, you can migrate all the data (messages, mail, photos, videos, contacts, calendars, and documents) from the old iOS devices to the new ones. iCloud is the best way to restore the old backup on the iPad and iPhone. This is the right place to learn about restoring the iPhone from an old backup.
How to Find Old Backups in iCloud or iTunes
To view a list of all backups in iCloud Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup (here you can see a list of all backups).
To view a list of all backups in iTunes Devices -> Restore from Backup -> Choose Backup from your iOS device.
Single backup files have backup data for Calendars, Contacts, personal settings, and Text messages.
Now you have a backup of your old iPhone or iPad. You can proceed to restore the process in 2 ways.
- iCloud provides an option to restore your device from an old backup using WiFi.
- You can restore your iOS device with iTunes (With a lighting cable).
Method 1: Restore old backup in the iOS device using iCloud
Here, you can learn about restoring old backups on the iOS device using iCloud.
- On your iOS device, launch the Settings App.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Storage & Backup.
- You can view a list of all old backups. Find the right backup and restore the old backup to the iOS device (iPhone, iPad, or iPod) from iCloud.
Method 2: Restore old backup in iPad and iPhone using iTunes
Here you can learn about restoring old backups on the iPad and iPhone using iTunes.
- Launch the iTunes app on your computer (Mac or Windows).
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to the computer using a lightning cable.
- Now you can see the connected device in the iTunes Device tab.
- Then select and right-click your device from the left side list and choose “Restore from Backup”.
- Press the Device drop-down where you have to choose the old backup.
- Click the Restore button.
The above-mentioned steps will surely help you to restore the iPhone from the old backup. And if you face any issues when you try to restore your Apple iOS device using iTunes or iCloud, let us know via comment. Bye-bye.