Learn how to find and restore iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch from old backup. This way you can migrate all data (Messages, Mails, Photos & Videos, Contacts , calendars and documents) from old iOS device to new one. iCloud is the best way to restore old backup in iPad and iPhone.
Devices & OS : iPhone 6, iPhone 6 plus iPhone 5/5s, iPhone 4s, iOS 9, iOS 8, iOS 7 or earlier versions.
How to find old backups in iCloud or iTunes
To view list of all backups in iCloud Settings -> iCloud -> Storage & Backup (here you can see list of all backups).
To view list of all backups in iTunes Devices -> Restore from Backup -> Choose Backup from your iOS device.
Single backup file have backup data for Calendars, contacts, personal settings and Text messages.
Now you have a backup of your old iPhone or iPad. You can proceed restore process with 2 ways.
- iCloud provides option to restore your device from old backup using WiFi.
- You can restore your iOS device with iTunes (lighting cable connected).
Method 1: Restore old backup in iOS device using iCloud
- On your iOS device, launch Settings App.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Tap on Storage & Backup.
- You can view list of all old backups. Find the right backup and restore old backup in iOS device (iPhone, iPad or iPod) from iCloud.
Method 2: Restore old backup in iPad and iPhone using iTunes
- Launch iTunes app in your computer (Mac or Windows).
- Connect your iPhone or iPad to computer using lighting cable.
- Connected iPhone or iPad will automatically appears in iTunes Device tab.
- Select and right click your device from the left side list and choose “Restore from Backup”.
- Press the Device drop down where you have to choose the old backup.
- Click the Restore button.
If you face any issues when you try to restore your Apple iOS device using iTunes or iCloud, inform us via comment.