Factory Reset is the best solution for some problems occuring on you iPhone. Because nothing will be there on your iPhone after restore. Your phone will become as a new one. But you will lose all data. Here I am going to tell you how to Factory Reset iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
Before restore your iPhone to Factory Settings, backup your device. Because this action will Erase all date from your device.
To take a Backup,
- Connect your phone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Launch Settings->Apple ID (your name)->iCloud->iCloud Backup.
- Make sure that iCloud Backup is turned on. Tap “Back Up Now”.
Wait until the process is finished. If the backup process is completed, you can see the date & time of the last backup under “Back Up Now”.
How to reset iPhone 8 to Factory Settings?
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Erase All Contents and Settings”.
- A pop-up box will appear with three options: Finishing Uploading Then Erase, Erase Now, and Cancel.
- If you want to take a Backup, tap “Finishing Uploading Then Erase”.
- If you have already taken a Backup, tap “Erase Now”.
Then restore everything from iCloud Backup.
SEE ALSO: How to Restore/Reset iPhone X to Factory Settings
How to restore your iPhone from iCloud Backup?
- Turn on your device. Hello screen will appear.
- Select your language when prompted. Select your country or region. Now you can see how the information will display on your device including date & time, contacts, and etc.
- Tap ”Set Up Manually”.
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi or Cellular (Data) network. If you want to use Wi-Fi network, tap “WiFi” or insert a SIM and use Cellular (mobile data) network. To use Cellular network, tap “Use Cellular Connection”.
- Set Up Face ID or Touch ID and create a new passcode.
- You can see the “Apps & Data” screen with four options. Tap “Restore from iCloud Backup”.
- Sign in to iCloud by entering “Apple ID & Password”.
- Tap “Next” at the right upper corner of the screen.
- Then tap “Agree” to agree the Terms and Conditions.
- Then the latest list of Backup for your iPhone will appear. Select the latest backup and tap it.
Now your phone will restore everything from iCloud Backup.
You can also restore your phone From iTunes Backup.