Learn how to reset Apple Wireless Keyboard, Bluetooth Mouse, and trackpad.
Apple Wireless Keyboard:
It is a Wireless Keyboard built for Mac Computers.
If you face problems while connecting Wireless Keyboard, Mouse or Trackpad to Mac Computer, try the below solutions.
How to Reset Apple Wireless Keyboard:
- Switch off the Keyboard by holding down the Power button for 3 seconds.
- Click Bluetooth icon in menu bar.
- Open Bluetooth setup assistant under Setup Bluetooth device.
4. Turn on the Keyboard by holding the Power button.
5. Select your Keyboard from the list and press continue. Make sure you are still pressing the Power button down.
6. The system will generate a 8 digit passcode to pair the Keyboard.
7. Release the Power button and type in the pairing code using Keyboard.
8. Enter and continue the pairing process.
Incorrect characters or symbols when using Keyboard:
If you are getting incorrect characters or symbols when entering characters from Keyboard, try to unpaid the Keyboard, pair with another Keyboard and check whether the issue still persists. If this is the case go with below solution
- Go to System preferences -> Keyboard -> Input sources.
- If the locale is incorrect, correct it.
- Check System preferences -> Keyboard -> Keyboard shortcuts doesn’t have incorrect behavior.
- Check System preferences -> Language and text -> Text.
- Click on ‘Restore defaults’ to make sure none of the settings has changed.
SEE ALSO: Fixed: Apple wireless keyboard won’t turn on
How to Reset the Trackpad
Follow the below steps to reset the Trackpad
- Check whether the Bluetooth is turned ON in Mac.
- Turn off the Trackpad.
- Click Setup Bluetooth Device from Bluetooth menu.
- Five seconds hold the Power Button on the Trackpad until the green light starts flashing.
5. Now the Trackpad is available in the list of Bluetooth devices.
6. Select the Apple Wireless Trackpad and click Continue.
7. Complete the pairing process
Apple Magic Mouse:
Apple Magic Mouse is a Wireless Mouse that uses two batteries to hold a charge. It connects to Mac OS X via Bluetooth( a wireless communication technology). If Mouse is not working properly do the following:-
- Check the power.
- Changing the batteries.
How to Reset connection:
Follow the below steps to reset the connection
- Open the System Preferences.
- Click Bluetooth.
- Click the Show All Preferences icon.
- Click Mouse>Setup Bluetooth Mouse.
- Check your Mouse turned on or not.
- Click on the surface of the Mouse to wake it up.
- Click Continue.
Now the Apple Mouse should work without any issues.