Xcode package is needed mainly by the developers to program for macOS and iOS. It takes huge storage disk space so the mac gets slow performance. To avoid these, you want to remove Xcode from your Mac.
What is Xcode Application?
- Xcode is an integrated development environment (IDE) for macOS.
- It contains software development tools developed by Apple.
- Xcode is the only supported way to develop apps by apple. It includes several types of utilities that are useful and required for the development process.
Why uninstall Xcode?
- Using Xcode, caches take significant disk space even after the work gets completed.
- Xcode app takes a long period of time can actually make gigabytes of data in the cache.
- This app will also create a lot of temporary cache files and take significant disk space even after the work gets completed.
- This causes your mac running slow, to solve this you need to remove old cache files and some apps. To do this follow the simple steps:
Step 1: Move Xcode to Trash
- Launch application using spotlight search.
- Select Xcode and drag it to trash.
- Now, clear the trash folder.
Step 2: Delete Cache Files
- Launch Finder.
- Click on Go menu-> Go to folder.
- Now, Enter the following path.
- Move the Developer folder to the trash.
- Then, Delete the following files to the trash.
/Library/Preferences/com.apple.dt.Xcode.plist /Application/System/Library/Receipt/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.bom /Application/System/Library/Receipt/com.apple.pkg.XcodeSystemResources.plist /Library/Caches/com.apple.dt.Xcode
Extra guideline: Continuity Camera Not Working on macOS Mojave and iOS 12 – Fixed
Step 3: Uninstall Xcode using a terminal
- Open Terminal.
- Enter the following command and run it.
sudo /Developer/Library/uninstall -devtools --mode=all
- Enter the system password.
- Now, the mac takes a few moments to complete the process.
- Then, Quit the Terminal.
After the uninstallation process gets completed, you will get a huge storage space and better mac performance. If you find this article is informative share this with your friends and if you have any other suggestions let me know in the comments…