Many of Mac users don’t know how to remove the Advanced Mac Cleaner from their Mac. In this article, I am going to tell you how to do this
Solution 1: Using Activity Monitor
- Click and open the “Go” tab. Then select”Utilities”.
- Under Utilities, click and open the “Activity Monitor”.
- Then click the “MacDefinder” under “Activity Monitor”. Choose it and tap “Quit Process”.
- Next, one pop up appears on your screen and it asks if you sure want to quit the process of Advanced Mac Cleaner. Then you have to choose the “Force Quit”.
- Again tap on the “Go” tab. Then you should select the “Applications”. From the interface search and find the “Advanced Mac Cleaner” and you have to right-click on it. Then choose it to move trash. If it asks user
- Now, you can click the “Apple Menu” and choose the “System Preferences”.
- Choose the “Accounts”. Then tap on the “Login Items”. It will show the list of items and you can see the “MacDefender”. Next, you have to click “-” symbol at the bottom.
Solution 2: Remove some Files
First, you should quit the “Advanced Mac Cleaner” and then move it to trash. Remove the files on given below
- /Library / Application Support /amc/
- ~/Library / Advanced Mac Cleaner/
- ~/Library / hlpramc/
- ~/Library / Application Support / Advanced Mac Cleaner/
- ~/Library / LaunchAgents / com.pcv.hlpramc.plist
- ~/Library / Logs / helperamc.log
- ~/Library / Preferences / com. PCvark.Advanced-Mac-Cleaner.plist
Solution 3: Remove Unwanted Files
- Open “Go” tab at the top and then click the “Go to folder”. Type this on go to folder
- One box will be opened and if you have seen any unwanted and doubtful files in it, you just delete it.