When I was trying to install the macOS High Sierra on my MacBook Air, it says “the recovery server could not be contacted”. It’s really annoying to use Mac. One of the Mac users said some solution to fix this problem. Here, I am going share with you those solutions. If you are having this problem, you can try out these solutions.
If you are getting this error while you are installing High Sierra because Apple Server is busy. It doing download request for more people. So, you can try this after few hours. Every hour you can check whether it’s installed or not. So, you don’t need to worry about this problem. It will install when Apple Server is busy.
Solution 1: Using Command
- Launch Terminal From the Utilities Menu.
- Then type this command given below
sudo ntpdate -u time.apple.com
- Now, you can try to reinstall High Sierra on your Mac.
Solution 2: Check the System time
You have to check out your Mac’s time. If time or time zone is incorrect, follow this steps to synchronize the time with Apple Server.
- Tap on the “Apple” logo at the top the screen. Then choose “System Preferences”.
- Select “Date & Time” and then select “Date and Time” tab.
- Check the box “Set the Date and Time Automatically”. If it already checked, then you can uncheck it and again recheck it.
- Select the time.
- Furthermore, select the “Time zone” tab. Check the box “Set time zone automatically using current location”. Close this Date and Time Preferences.
- Then you will see the time on your Mac at the top. After that, you have to try to install the macOS High Sierra.
Solution 3: Using Date Command
- Launch the “Terminal” window on recovery page. Then type “date” command in the menu bar at the top.
- Type “date 0303021517” that is March 3rd 02:15 2017.
- Then again try to install the OS and it should work for you.
Solution 4: Using New Admin User
- First, you have to create New Admin User.
- Then log off the old one. Then log in to the new one.
- Now, you can try to install the macOS High Sierra.
Solution 5: Wi-Fi Connection Problems
If your Wi-Fi signal is weak, it disconnects the internet connection or slows to load. Sometimes it happens. So, you must check your Wi-Fi connection. You can try to connect any other internet.
Solution 6: Uninstall the Antivirus Software
Apple never supports any other antivirus software. It says there are harmful. If you are trying to reboot your Mac in safe mode, some programs won’t load. So, you have to remove that kind of programs and restart the device before installing High Sierra.
- Turn off the Mac.
- Then turn on the Mac and press and hold the shift key.
- Press it until you can see an Apple logo. Then release the key.
- After rebooting, you can try to install high Sierra.