Many people have a complaint that their Powerbeats 3 won’t turn on or charge. They said that it is blinking red and white when connected to a power source (while charging). Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Why Powerbeats 3 won’t turn on?
If there is no charge in the Powerbeats, it will not turn on. So, this issue might have occurred of a dead battery. Here Powerbeats won’t turn on is not an issue. First, we have to Powerbeats charging issue. If Powerbeats is charged, we can turn it on normally.
Why Powerbeats 3 won’t charge?
Powerbeats won’t charge if it becomes wet. Sweat and water damage will also cause this issue. Don’t use them when you work out and swim. Make sure that you didn’t drop down it. If it is dropped down, it will not charge and work properly.
Solution 1: Reset (Force restart) powerbeats3
Resetting Powerbeats may solve this issue.
- Press and hold the Power Button and Volume Down Button until the indicator light flashes.
- Pair(set up) with your devices.
- Now connect your Powerbeats to a power source.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, connect your Powerbeats to a power source and then reset it.
Solution 2: Restart using Remote Button
One of the users said that this worked for him perfectly.
- Press and hold the Power Button and Center Remote Button (Mute Button) to turn on your Powerbeats.
- Then plug your Powerbeats into a power source and check whether it is charging or not.
Solution 3: Update Powerbeats earphones
- Download the beats updater on Mac/Windows.
- Launch the updater on PC/Computer.
- Turn on Powerbeats.
- Connect your Powerbeats earphones to a PC/Computer using the micro USB cable.
- Tap the Powerbeats status icon in the menu bar.
- Tap the name of your Powerbeats and it will lead you to the beats updater website.
- Click “Update” and then follow the onscreen instructions.
Note: To update Powerbeats’ firmware, you should have at least 20% battery.
Solution 4: Change the charger
- If there is any problem with the charger, Powerbeats won’t charge. So it won’t turn on.
- Make sure that you are using the charger (power cord) that came with the Powerbeats earphones.
- Try another charger and then turn it on.
Solution 5: Check the Powerbeats for water and sweat damage
- If your power is damaged by water or sweat, it won’t charge or turn on.
- Keep your Powerbeats in a warm place to make the water/sweat dry.
- Plug the Powerbeats into a power source and turn on it.
- If it doesn’t work out, charge your earphones for a day/two days and then turn it on.
Solution 6: Remove the battery
One of the users said that this solution worked for him perfectly.
- Remove the battery from the Powerbeats.
- Don’t insert the battery for 1 or 2 weeks.
- Then put the battery back in.
- Connect your Powerbeats to charge.
- Now your Powerbeats will charge.
Solution 7: Forget and repair your Powerbeats 3
- Go to the Settings and tap on the Bluetooth option.
- Here you can see your Powerbeats 3 name and tap on the (i) icon.
- Now select the Forget This Device.
- Then again repair it with a Bluetooth connection.
- Make sure that socket is not damaged and it is in a good condition.
- Make sure that socket is clean and clear.
- Replace(change) the battery.
I hope this really helps to fix your issue with Powerbeats 3 won’t charge and Turn On. If you have any doubts regarding this, let us know through your comments. Thank you.