When users try to delete their iPhone contacts via Contact -> Edit -> Delete, it takes the contact from the mail contact list.
But every time when users begin to type in a name to start a text message which start with deleted contact person first letter, their whole contact shows up.
This issue happened because of the iMessage cache.
So how to completely delete iPhone contact/phone number?
- First delete contact from your iPhone contacts list using Contact -> Edit -> Delete.
- Go to iMessage and compose new message.
- Type the deleted contacts name in iMessage.
- Tap the information icon (i) to the side.
- From the recent option, click the remove.
SEE ALSO : How to Recover/Restore Deleted iPhone Contacts
If you have any other doubts, inform us via comment.