I have experienced a problem of asking password for every 5 minutes while I am working in an outlook for Mac. I googled it and find some solutions to resolve the problem.
Solution 1: Inserting backslash before domain
- Simply add “\” before your username.( Username: \domain\username)
- Type your old password and save it.
- Confirm that you have saved to your keychain and it works.
Solution 2: Deleting the entry
- Start -> Applications -> Utilities -> Keychain access
- Find for your entry in keychain and delete it, and recreate
Note: It also helps to run Keychain First Aid command from within the application to correct any other issue related to your Keychain.
Solution 3: Create a new account
- Make sure that you are updated to latest version.( Outlook > Help > Check for latest updates )
- Remove your account from the outlook that has a trouble. ( Outlook > Tools >Accounts > Minus sign(-) at lower left )
- From Apple’s keychain, delete the history of passwords. ( Finder > Applications > Utilities > Keychain access – and find for entries with “exchange” and remove.)
- Create a new account.( Outlook > Tools > Accounts > + sign at lower left )
Solution 4: Create a new password
- Open online portal for exchange.
- Create a new password by selecting gear symbol at the upper right corner >Office 365 settings > Password
- Enter the password for the account. ( Outlook > Tools > Accounts – affected account.)
- Type the wrong password and close the account.
- Open Outlook and wait until you get the pop-up menu asking for a password.
- Click Yes and enter the password that you have created at the entry.
Note: To enter the password you must have a space in the window.
Solution 5: Sync the IMAP folders
- Open Outlook > Tools > Accounts.
- Select AT&T email account and click Advanced tab ( bottom right )
- Uncheck “ Sync all IMAP folders “
- Close Outlook and restart and this will work a lot.
Note: Open Outlook in the program folder and tick the checkbox “prevent app nap” and it resolves.
Solution 6: Run using Keychain first aid.
- Take out the deleted file in library > keychain and then run Keychain first aid.
- Restart and allow access to local items and log in using a password.