When Mac users try to install OS X Yosemite, they getting error message like “OS X could not be installed on your computer”, “File system verify or repair failed”.
Reason for this problem:-
Apple added a basic disk check to the OS X Yosemite installation process. If it find any error in your hard disk which is can’t be repaired it will refuse to install Mac OS X Yosemite.
- Restore your system from backup.
- Repair disk using disk utility.
Solution 2:- Check the RAM
Run memtest to check the RAM.
Replace the failure RAM with good one.
Also read Apple support guide about this error.
- Download Disk Warrior 4.4 using other computer.
- Put Diskwarrior on to a USB disk.
- Turn on MacBook Pro. When error popup, go to Utilities (top bar).
- Choose Disk Utility.
- Inset a USB disk on computer (with Disk warrior on it).
- Press on burn and insert blank DVD-R.
- Choose Diswarrior.cdr.
- Write on disk. Done.
- Restart computer and hold C key.
- Your Mac computer will boot from DVD and load Disk warrior.
- After Disk warrior started, choose rebuild. It will rebuild your directory.
- After it done restart your computer.
If you knew any other solutions, inform us via comment.