Here given some methods about how to recover the hidden messages from the Outlook temp folder.
Method 1: Visit the default location
- Open Finder.
- Select go drop down menu.
- Hold the Option key down and the Library will appear in the drop-down list.
- While still holding the Option key down click on Library.
- Release the Option key and navigate to the desired location.The default location of Outlook temp folder is
Visit this location to view the documents in the Outlook Temp folder.
Method 2: Create a shortcut link
Created a shortcut link on my dock so I can always get back to this folder.
Method 3: Use the Option key
To display any hidden folders hold down the Option key when opening the folder.
Method 4: Click on the Drop down menu
A better way to find you attachment
- Open Excel.
- Click on the file on the top left of your screen.
- Click the option of ‘Open’ or use shortcut command key +0′
- Click on the drop down menu. In that menu, you will always find the ‘Outlook Temp folder’ which would contain your attachment.
I found my attachment this way.
Method 5: Find Outlook temp folder files.
- Open an email with a word attachment, and double click the attachment so it opened.
- Save the file in word.
- Go to ‘File’ tab in word and picked ‘Properties’ and there in the General tab is the location. I highlighted and copied that location.
- Go to the Finder and under the go tab picked the ‘Go to Folder’ and paste in the location.
- Drag the resulting Outlook Temp folder over the side of the Finder window.