Learn how to open Mac pages in a Microsoft environment.
Method 1: Steps to save Mac document in different file formats
- Open the Word for Mac.
- Go to File > Save As.
- Type a name for your document in the Save As box. ( File is saved in the Document folder and you can move the file to a different folder.)
- To change the format of the file go to format box and select the file format as you need.
- Click Save.
Thus the file is saved in a different format.
- Save your file in any format.
- Right click on your file and choose Rename.
- Rename your .pages extension and give different file format in .pages extension.( for example, change your .pdf format into .zip format)
- Press enter. The file is converted to zip file.
- You can open and read the contents and save a local copy if needed.
Method 2: Saving files in Google docs account.
- Open your Google Docs Account.
- Upload files to your Google Account which is to be formatted.
- Access the pages file in the Google Docs environment.
- Once the document/ pages opened print the document.
- This will convert the pages/document to PDF file.
- You can save the PDF version to your desktop.
Method 3: Open .pages extension on Windows.
- Create an iCloud account.
- Open pages in icloud.com.
- Copy and paste your document into the pages in iCloud.
- After uploading the document, right-click on the document and click on ‘download a copy’.
- Now select “Word”.
The document is created as .docx document.
SEE ALSO: 15 Best PDF Reader for Mac
Method 4: Websites to convert page files to a different format.
Use Cloudconvert.com. This web page converts .pages file to a different file format like PDF file,*.doc,*.XML etc..
Method 5: online sites to convert files.
Use Zamza. This site helps to convert files from online .pages to PDF or Doc and Docx.
Method 6: Exporting pages file as Word document for Mac
- Open the pages file that has to be converted.
- Select File > Export To > Word or different file format as required.
3. In the “Export Your Document” screen you could find “Word”. Below that Word click on the Advanced Options near to a triangle.
4. Click the appropriate word file format to users either .”docx” for rapport with the newest version of Ms- Office, and Word, or .”doc” for better compatibility with older versions of Word.
5. Select “Next”.
6. Save the New Word file and select “Export”
Thus a new word file is created in .doc or .docx format.