After downloading OneNote for Mac, some users not able to sign into the app using their Microsoft account.
They received the following error message.
“We were unable to sign you in. There is a problem with your Microsoft account. To fix this sign into account.live.com from a browser.”
Solution (Suggested byMicrosoft OneNote team)
- When you try to sign in to your Microsoft account live.com from a web browser, on the top left corner, you can see a down arrow (next to ‘Outlook’).
- Click on the down arrow and choose OneDrive from the drop down menu.
- You can see the OneNote notebooks under the folder “Documents”. Click any one of the notebook.
- Now your Notebook opened online.
- Right click in the top center and choose “Open in OneNote”.
SEE ALSO : How to fix OneNote for Mac crashes on startup
Some users reported, after clicked “Open in OneNote” option, they can see the progress bar but getting the “Can’t set up notebook” error message.
If you find any solution to fix this issue, do let us via comment.