Many of iPhone users complained that Notification Not Working on their iPhone or iPad after upgrading to iOS 12. I have also faced this problem. But now I fixed it. Here I am going to tell you how to Fix iPhone Notification not working on their iPhone in iOS 12.
Solution 1: Force Restart your iPhone
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Update the Current iOS
- This problem may be cause for Updating Software on your iPhone. So, you have to update the current iOS.
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
Solution 3: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 4: Turn On Show Previews
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “Notifications” -> tap “Show Previews” -> set “Always”. It shows the notification previews on the lock screen.
- You can set a notification for the individual app. Again Launch “Settings” -> tap “Notifications” -> tap “any App”. you should turn on Allow Notifications, Show on the Lock screen, Show in History and Show as Banners.
Solution 5: Check and Set Notification Sound
- You can set the notification sound for any apps like Sent Mail, Calendar Alerts, New Voicemail, Text Tone, AirDrop and Remainder Alerts and much more.
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “Sounds”. Then select the app which you want to change the sound.
Solution 6: Check LED Flash Notifications
- Launch “Settings” -> tap “General” -> tap “Accessibility” -> turn on “LED Flash for Alerts” if it turn off.
- Turn on “Flash on silent” if it does not flash on silent mode.
Solution 7: Turn off Do Not Disturb
- Launch “Settings” -> tap on “Do not Disturb” and turn on it.
- You can also turn off the Do Not Disturb from Control Center.
Solution 8: Reset Factory Settings (Factory restore)
This process will erase all data from your mobile. So Before doing it take a backup your iPad or iPhone. After finishing this restore everything.
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Select “Erase All Contents and Settings”. Enter passcode if it is required.
Then you will be asked to enter Apple ID password. Enter it. The reset process will take 1 or 2 minutes.
Now everyone will be reset on your iPad and iPhone including the Restrictions passcode.
Note: you can select either iTunes or iCloud to take a back up.
To take a back up,
- Launch Settings->iCloud.
- Make sure that “iCloud Backup” is on.
- And tap on “Back Up Now”.
Hope you that this article solves your Notification Not Working problem on your iPhone and iPad in iOS 12. If you have a doubt regarding this article, tell us through your comments.