After updating to iOS 12, I had a problem that Apple Notes App crashing issue on my iPhone. One of my friends gave me some solution to fix this problem. After trying, there was no issue on Apple Notes. Now, it works well. In this article, I am going to tell you those solutions to fix this problem. If you have this problem, then this article will help you to get rid of this Apple crashing problem.
Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold “Sleep/Wake” button.
- Slide to “Power Off”.
- Wait for few seconds. Then press and hold the “Sleep/Wake” button until the Apple logo appears on your screen.
Change iCloud Settings on your iPhone
- Launch “Settings”.
- Scroll down to see “iCloud” and tap on it.
- Under the iCloud option, scroll down to see Notes and turn it off.
- Tap on “Delete from my iPhone”.
- Wait for few seconds and turn on Notes App in “Settings” -> “iCloud”.
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, & X
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Reset Network settings
- Go to “Settings”->“General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Reset All Settings
If you do Reset All settings, settings will be reset. This may solve your Apple Notes Crashing problem.
- Launch “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Manage your Device Storage Capacity
- Launch “Settings”.
- Tap on “General”.
- Tap on “Usage”.
Notes: make sure that your device has enough space. If not, then delete some of the unwanted content from your Device.
Close All Background Apps
Double tap the home button and swipe out every app to close it. Then relaunch your “Notes App”.
Notes: If you opened too many apps in the background, there is a chance that the Notes app may not load properly.
Turn Off Touch ID for Notes
- Launch “Settings” -> “Notes” -> “Password”.
- Turn off “Use Touch ID”.
Make sure to turn off touch ID for Notes because sometimes you may feel disappointed when the Touch ID on your iPhone seems to be crashed.
Restore your iPhone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Above given solutions not work for you, you just restore your device via iTunes. This method may solve your problem. Before doing it, backup your iPhone. Because this action may erase all data from your device.
- Connect your iPhone to Mac/Computer via Lightning (USB) cable.
- Open iTunes on PC/Computer.
- Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone
- Don’t leave Buttons after seeing the Apple Logo. Keep holding it until Recovery Mode screen (iTunes screen) appears.
- Select “Update” or “Restore” in the pop-up box. If you select “Update”, iTunes will try to reinstall iOS without deleting your data. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then Force Restart your iPhone.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, select “Restore” instead of “Update”.
Hope those solutions solved your Apple Notes keep crashing problem on your iPhone and iPad. If you have any doubt, tell me through your comment.