I am using iPhone 8. I installed the SIM but my phone is saying “No SIM Card Installed”. I don’t know why. One of my friend suggested some solutions fix this issue. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Devices: iPhone X, iPhone 8, iPhone 7, iPhone 6, and iPhone 5.
Before trying these solutions,
- Restart your phone normally.
- Make sure that SIM tray is closed properly.
- Make sure that SIM card is properly placed on SIM tray.
- Remove the SIM card from your phone and clean the SIM slot. Then insert the SIM card back.
- Use another SIM card and check.
Solution 1: Check for Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 2: Force Restart
iPhone 5, 6, & 7
Press and hold the Home Button and Power/Side Button simultaneously until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8 and X
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Side Button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 3: Check for “Carrier Settings Update”
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi/Cellular network.
- Launch Settings->General->About. Wait for 20-25 seconds.
- If update is available, a pop-up box will appear. Tap “Update” in the pop-up box.
When you insert a new SIM, download the Carrier Settings for your new SIM.
Solution 4: Refresh Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings->Airplane Mode.
- Turn off Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then turn it on.
You can also do it through Control center.
Solution 5: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, APN & VPN settings, and Cellular Settings of the iPhone.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Restore your phone to Factory Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.