When I installed the SIM in my iPad, it says “No SIM Card Installed”. I don’t know why. One of my friend suggested some solutions fix this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Before trying these solutions,
- Make sure that SIM tray is closed properly.
- Make sure that SIM card is properly placed on SIM tray.
- Remove the SIM card from your iPad and clean the SIM slot. Then insert the SIM card back.
- Use another SIM card and check.
Solution 1: Restart your iPad
- Press and hold the Power/Side Button (Sleep/Wake) until the slider to power off screen appears (or) go to Settings->General->Shut Down.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the Power/Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Check for Update
- Connect your iPad to Wi-Fi or Cellular data.
- Launch Settings->General->Software Update.
- If update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 3: Force Reboot
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 4: Check for “Carrier Settings Update”
- Connect your device to Wi-Fi/Cellular network.
- Launch Settings->General->About. Wait for 20-25 seconds.
- If update is available, a pop-up box will appear. Tap “Update” in the pop-up box.
When you insert a new SIM, download the Carrier Settings for your new SIM.
Solution 5: Refresh Airplane Mode
You can also do it through Control Center.
- Go to Settings->Airplane Mode.
- Turn off Airplane Mode.
- Wait for 30 seconds and then turn it on.
Solution 6: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, APN & VPN settings, and Cellular Settings of the iPhone.
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPad covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Restore your phone to Factory Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.