This issue mostly happened after iOS update like iOS 8.1.1. Users lost notification sound with incoming calls, texts, emails, FaceTime, games and other apps. iPad or iPhone notification sounds not working.
Devices : iPhone 6, iPhone 5, iPhone 4s, iPad 2, iPad 3
Please leave a comment on which method worked for you.
- Go to Settings and make sure you do not have Do Not Disturb activated. You might be switched on Do Not Disturb (the moon symbol) from drag up control center.
- Check the volume on the ringer.
- Check the mute button. Your iPhone might frozen in mute mode. Flick the Mute button on and off several times.
- Reset Network Settings. Go to Settings -> General -Reset -> Reset Network Settings.
- Reset All settings.
- Hold the home and lock button together for few seconds until the iPhone restarts itself.
Go to under Notifications and disable notifications for messages. Turn off your phone and turn it back on.
Then turn notifications back on for messages.
- Go to your contacts and check the settings for Text messages. If its in default, change it to a specific sound.
- Put the headphone into the headphone port and remove it.
- Configure iMessage to receive messages from phone only (not from emails).
- Turn on Bluetooth and check the notification sound issue.
- Go to Settings -> Do not Disturb -> Allow calls from -> Choose Everyone.
- If you are using Google App, go to Settings -> privacy -> microphone and turn it off.
- Go to settings ->Notifications ->Messages -> alert style when locked. Change it from banner to alerts.
- Go to any video app like YouTube. Play any video and turn up the volume.
- Go to Settings -> Sound and move the volume slider right over to the left (silent).