Many Apple users have a complaint that Admin account changed to standard on Mac Mojave. Some users said that they accidentally deleted Admin account on their Mac. As you all know, we can’t do anything without admin account on Mac. Here I am going to tell you how to create a new Admin account on Mac Without password.
No Admin Account on Mac Mojave?
- Restart your Mac via Apple menu->Restart.
- Press and hold the Command + S keys as soon as you hear the startup chime sound.
- Leave the keys when the text appears.
- Type /sbin/mount -uw / and then click Enter.
- Type rm /var/db/ .AppleSetupDone and then click Enter.
- Type reboot and then click Enter.
- Now your Mac will reboot and you can create an Admin Account.
- Select your Language and then click the arrow to continue.
- Select your Country and then click Continue.
- Select your keyboard and then click Continue.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and then click Continue.
- Decide whether you want to transfer the information or not. Select the option what you need and then click Continue.
- If you want, you can sign in with your Apple ID (or) select Don’t sign in. Then click Continue.
- Select Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions. Again click Agree.
- Enter the details to create an Admin Account and then click Continue. Account name will be generated automatically after you enter the Admin name. Click Continue.
- Click Continue to Express Set Up.
- Go to Apple Menu->System Preferences->User & Groups.
- Now you can see the new Admin Account.
How to change Standard user to Admin on macOS Mojave?
To change Standard user to Admin, you must have at least one Admin user.
If you have an Admin and logged in through Admin account,
- Go to Apple menu->System Preferences.
- Click Users & Groups icon.
- Click the Lock icon to unlock.
- Enter the Password and then click “Unlock” (If you logged in through Standard, enter your Admin Name and Password and then click “Unlock”).
- Select the Account that you want to change from Standard user to admin.
- Select the checkbox next to “Allow user to administer this computer”.
- Click “Ok” in the pop-up box.
- Restart your Mac.
If you have any doubts regarding this post, let us know through your comments.