Many Mac users accidentally changed Administrator Account to Standard. Then they search the way to change Admin Account to Standard. It may occur because of update. One of the Mac user said that he updated to High Sierra, all Admin Accounts changed to Standard and then no Admin Account on my Mac. Here I am going to tell you how to create a new Admin Account on Mac without password and How to change the Standard user to Admin on Mac.
If you don’t have the Admin Account,
- Restart your Mac via Apple Menu->Restart.
- Press and hold the Command + S keys as soon as you hear the startup chime sound.
- Leave the keys when the text appears.
- Type /sbin/mount -uw / and then click Enter.
- Type rm /var/dp/ .AppleSetupDone and then click Enter.
- Type reboot and then click Enter.
- Now your Mac will reboot and you can create an Admin Account.
- Select your Language and then click the arrow to continue.
- Select your Country and then click Continue.
- Select your Keyboard and then click Continue.
- Select your Wi-Fi network and then click Continue.
- Decide whether you want to transfer the information or not. select the option what you need and then click Continue.
- If you want, you can sign in with your Apple ID (or) select Don’t sign in. Then click Continue.
- Select Agree to accept the Terms and Conditions. Again click Agree.
- Enter the details to create an Admin Account and then click Continue. Account name will be generated automatically after you enter the Admin name. Click Continue.
- Click Continue to Express Set Up.
- Go to Apple Menu->System Preferences->User & Groups.
- Click the Lock icon to unlock. Enter the Password and then click “Unlock”.
If you have the Admin Account,
- Go to Apple menu->System Preferences.
- Click Users & Groups icon.
- Click the Lock icon to unlock.
- A pop-up box will appear. Enter your Admin Password and then click “Unlock”.
- Select the Account that has changed to standard from admin.
- Choose “Allow user to administer this computer” and then click “OK” in the pop-up box.
- Quit System Preferences.
- Restart your Mac to approve changes.
No Admin Account on Mac High Sierra
How to Create a New Admin Account on Mac High Sierra
If you have any doubts regarding this post, let us know through your comments.