Many Mac users have a complaint that Netflix flickers on Mac and TV. They said Netflix flickers while watching movies on full screen and it won’t stay full screen. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Solution 1: Make sure to use HTML5 to Play Netflix
If you are using the latest version in Mac then, it will support HTML5 to play the videos on Netflix. Because using Silverlight has brought up a lot of problems. But if you are using the older Mac version then you have to see whether your Mac is compatible with the HTML5 version.
I will say how to check it.
- First Click on the Apple Logo and tap on About this Mac and through that, if your Mac is not updated then update it to the latest version.
Solution 2: Delete Browser Cookies and History on safari
- Open Safari.
- Go to Safari->Preferences->Privacy.
- Select “Block all cookies”. If you enable this option, no cookies will be stored on your mac.
- Click “Manage Website Data”.
- Select the website that has stored cookies and data. You can select one or more websites.
- Click “Remove”. If you want to remove the cookies of all websites, click “Remove All”.
- Click “Done”.
- Launch Chrome.
- Go to Chrome->Clear Browsing Data.
- Select “All Time” for the Time range.
- Select Cookies and other site data and Cached images and files.
- Click “Clear Data”.
Solution 3: Restart the web browser
Restarting the browser that you are using may solve this issue. So quit the browser and launch it again. And see your favorite movies and TV shows on Netflix.
Solution 4: Restart your Mac in Safe Mode (Safe Boot)
Restart your Mac in Safe Mode will fix many issues on your Mac. But you can’t use some features in Safe Mode.
- Turn off your Mac via Apple menu->Shut Down.
- Turn on your Mac.
- Press and hold the Shift Key as quickly as possible after you hear the startup sound. You can see the Apple Logo on the Screen.
- Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Enter your User Name & Password to log in. You may need to log in twice if FileVault is turned on.
Solution 5: Turn Off the Subtitles
Some users said that, turning off the subtitles while playing Netflix in Safari has resolved the Flickering issue. So just turn off the subtitles and check whether your problem is solved or not.
- Launch Netflix and then Sign in to your account and play the video that you need to watch.
- Scroll the mouse and there appears a dialogue icon just give a click on that.
- The dialogue will show the preferred audio that you have selected.
- Under the subtitles click on the off button to turn it off.
Once you have done this, Check whether your flickering problem is solved or not.
SEE ALSO: Safari Keeps Crashing on Mac
- Use another browser (Chrome/Safari/Firefox/Opera).
- Create a new Admin Account and use it.
- Restore your Mac to Factory Settings.
If you know of any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments. And if you found this article helpful share it with your friends. Thank you…
This is not working as there is no Silverlight.plugin at macOS Mojave 10.14.6? or can't find it?
Netflix full screen flickering happens only latest Chrome and Safari and not latest Firefox some reason, clearing all cookies does nothing or PRAM clearing, don't know what is this issue and how to fix it? Jan 2020