Most people in the forum reported that MP3 downloads were not opening and playing in iTunes/Music on Mac. And some of them face this problem on their iPhones as well. But until now, Apple has not offered any solution to this problem. Now you don’t need to worry about this. Because I will help you solve this problem of MP3 downloads not playing and opening in iTunes/Music. Let’s see how to solve this issue with simple methods.
Solution 1: Convert MP3 to MP4 or M4A
Yes, guys, changing the MP3 extension to MP4 or M4A will help you open and play music on your iTunes/Music. To do that,
- Right-click the MP3 file that you want to add to your iTunes.
- And double click on the name of the file and rename it whatever you want.
- And most importantly, don’t forget to change the format to MP3 or M4A next to the name.
- After you’ve changed that, try opening the music in iTunes/Music.
Solution 2: Use QuickTime Player
Another solution is to use a QuickTime player. To do that,
- Open the music via the QuickTime player.
- And tap on the File at the top of the menu bar.
- Here, select Export and click on Audio Only Format. It usually exports in M4A format.
- Once the export is complete, open it in iTunes/Music. That’s it.
Solution 3: Use MP3 to MP3 Converter
Some of them claimed that converting the file into an Mp3 converter worked perfectly. Because if it has any corruption, it will be fixed while we convert it into an mp3 converter. To do that,
- There are a number of sites and converters available online.
- Just go for any of them, then drag the song into that converter.
- And select the convert to MP3 option.
- Once the conversion is done, right-click the music and open it via iTunes/Music.
- Now it plays the song without any interruption.
Solution 4: Use the VLC Media Player
If the above solution does not work for you, then try to open it via the VLC Media Player. For that,
- First, you have to download VLC Media Player on your Mac. For that,
- Go to the App Store on your Mac.
- Then search for VLC in the search field.
- Next, tap on the Get option to download it.
- Once the download is completed, then open it.
- Now try to open the song in the VLC Media Player and play it. That’s it.
This is the way to solve your Mp3 downloads not opening and playing in iTunes/Music on Mac. I hope the above solution will help you solve this bug easily. And if you have any other doubts or suggestions, then let me know through the comments section below. Thank you, and keep supporting iPhonetopics.com.