Since iOS 12 update, there are many iPhone/iPad users have been complaining that many apps were missing on their iPhone even App Store, FaceTime, iMessage, and Settings are gone. Do you want to get rid of this problem? If yes, then read this article. In this article, I am going to tell you some solutions to solve apps missing on iOS 12.
Solution 1: Force Restart your device
iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XR, Xs, and Xs Max
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Reset Home Screen Layout
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset Home Screen Layout”.
Solution 3: Redownload the Apps from App Store
- Go to App Store on your iDevice.
- Tap on “Updates” tab.
- Now, click on your Apple ID Profile at the right corner.
- Tap “Purchased”.
- To redownload the missing apps, tap “Not on This iPhone”.
Solution 4: Check Restriction for Installing App
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Tap on Restrictions and then enter your Restrictions passcode.
- Make sure that you have turned on Installing Apps. If it’s turned off, just turn it on.
Solution 5: Reset All Settings
- Go to “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 6: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.
Solution 7: Turn Off “Offload Unused Apps”
- Go to Settings -> iTunes & App Store.
- Scroll down the page and turn off “Offload Unused Apps”.
Solution 8: Check All Folders
Sometimes the apps will be on any other folders. So, you have to check all the folders thoroughly.