Lot of users reported this issue. Magic mouse keeps losing connection to MacBook Pro. Some times its completely not working.
Solution 1: Use 1.5V regular AAs Batteries
Buy a rechargeable batteries from Apple store as they are the right size to fit in the Magix mouse (to avoid shaken loose).
Apple branded rechargeable batteries (1.5V regular AAs) mostly solved the problem. Some users said there is no problem with Duracell batteries and Energizer Lithium batteries.
Solution 2: Paper Trick
If you can’t buy a batteries, just put the paper between batteries and between the batteries and mouse door (it will keep them in place).
- Cut a 8cm x 8cm piece of paper and fold it twice to get a 4cm x 4cm square.
- Fold it once more to get 4cm x 2cm rectangle.
- Fold it down, outwards and in half the two long (4cm) edges to get 4cm x 1cm rectangle(It will look like small unfinished aeroplane).
- Wedge the middle of the fold between 2 batteries and allow the outer fold open up one on the top of the each battery. Then close the lid.
This will stop Magic mouse disconnects.
Solution 3: Delete Preference file & Make Mouse favorite
Remove Preference files (com.apple.bluetooth.plist) from Macintosh HD ->library ->preferences and restart your Mac.
Then make the mouse a favorite. Go to System preferences>Bluetooth. Highlight the mouse and click the settings (little gear icon) and choose show more options. click the gear symbol again and make the mouse favorite.
- Use your batteries as before, clean all contacts of the mouse and batteries with alcohol and
- Turn off Bluetooth radio on your phone.
- If any other solutions not worked? reset SMC & PRAM on Mac.
If your problem solved or not fixed yet, do let us via comment.