One of the newsreaders reported that macOS Sierra mail not working. Tried to reinstall Sierra but nothing works.Try the below suggestions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Turn off your Wi-Fi connection.
- Open mail app and go to Mail -> Preference -> Accounts tab.
- Tab on each account on the left side of the Accounts window, and then uncheck the box next to “Enable this account”. Disable all your mail accounts.
- Close the Preference and quit the mail app.
- Reopen the mail app and reconnect to Wi-Fi.
- Enable the first account by going to Mail -> Preferences -> Accounts tab.
Solution 2: Uncheck and recheck mail in all accounts
- Go to System Preferences -> Internet Accounts uncheck the mail account.
- Open Mail.app and import 839.482 messages.
- After Mail.app finished importing the messages go to System Preferences -> Internet Accounts, re-checked Mail in all accounts.
- Now, mail app starts working again.
SEE ALSO: Exchange Email: “Cannot Get Mail, connection to server failed”, fix
Solution 3: Delete the entire mail file
Suddenly mail won’t open. After a few seconds, it not starts responding and no windows opened at all. Tried different solution like to remove the entire file from the Library folder. This worked for me. Redownload all the messages and rebuilt the file.
Solution 4: Remove mail from saved state
- Close the Mail app.
- Go to the Finder.
- Hold the Option key and choose the ‘Library’ from the ‘Go’ menu.
- Move to the folder Containers -> com.apple.mail -> Data -> Library -> Saved Application state’ and move the folder ‘com.apple.mail.savedState’ to the waste.
- Restart your Mac.
- Re-open Mail.
Hope, this post helps for working macOS Sierra.