MacOS High Sierra install frozen on my Mac. I don’t know why. I saw that 25 minutes remaining while installing high sierra. Suddenly it changed 56 minutes remaining. Then I told everything with my friend. She said some solution to fix this issue. Here I am going to share those solutions with you. If you have the same problem, this article will help you to fix it.
Before trying these solutions, make sure that your network (Wi-Fi) is good and speed enough to update your Mac.
Solution 1: Hard Reboot your Mac
- Press and hold the Power Button until your Mac turned off.
- To turn on it press the Power Button again. This action will resume and finish the installation successfully.
Solution 2: Force Shutdown your Mac
Before force shutdown your Mac, you have force quit the running program.
Press and hold Command+Shift+Option+ESC Keys simultaneously to force quit the current program.
Force Shut down
Press and hold Command+Control+Option+Power Buttons simultaneously.
Now try to install.
Solution 3: Restart your Mac in a Safe Mode
- Press and hold the Shift Key. You can see the Apple Logo on the Screen.
- Keep pressing the Shift Key until you see the Login Window.
- Enter your User Name & Password to login. You may need to login twice if FileVault is turned on.
Solution 4: MacOS Recovery Partition
- Press Power Button.
- Press and hold the Command+R Keys simultaneously as soon as possible after pressing the Power Button.
- Keep pressing Command+R Keys until the Apple Logo appears.
- After that Utilities windows will appear with 4 options. Tap “Reinstall macOS”.
- Tap “Continue”.
- You will be prompted to choose your disk. If you are not asked to select your disk, tap “Show All Disks”. You may need to enter your Apple ID.
- Tap “Install”. Wait until the installation process is completed. Your Mac will restart after completing the installation.
Solution 5: Fix the problem in Disk Utility
- Open Disk Utility.
- Tap “First Aid” tab. A pop-up box will appear with two options.
- Tap “Run” in the pop-up box and then tap “Done”.
- If there is no problem was found in Disk Utility, again try to install it.
- Don’t do anything until the installation is Completed. Sometime it may take more time to install.
- Check your network and make sure that you have connected to the trusted Wi-Fi network.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.