One of the users was having a problem with the MacBook Pro which is not charging. He tried out some of the methods but nothing works out. I figured out a few fixes that worked well. So, let me share it with you which may help to sort out the charging issue.
- Try to use the original Mac charger.
- Disconnect all the devices from the mac and try to charge your Mac again.
- Check for dirt or dust in the charging port and if you found any, clean it immediately.
- Replace your power adapter, if it is damaged.
Fix 1: Check the Battery life
Firstly, you have to check the battery life of your MacBook. To do that follow the steps below.
- On your MacBook, press and hold the Option key (alt) and click on the battery icon.
- It will show the condition of your battery.
- Normal: The battery is in good condition and it doesn’t want a replacement.
- Replace Soon: The battery drains its life a little faster than before. So, it has to be replaced soon.
- Replace Now: The battery is in the final stage and it must have a replacement as soon as possible.
- Service Battery: The battery has to be changed immediately.
- Check your battery condition and if it is required a replacement do it immediately.
Fix 2: Try for a hard restart
If the above fix is not working for you, try this fix.
- Press and hold the power button on your MacBook, until you hear the startup sound.
- This helps to refresh your MacBook.
Fix 3: Try for SMC reset
If this issue is due to software issues, this reset may help you.
- Firstly, shut down your MacBook.
- Then wait for 10-15 seconds and plug the power adapter to the Mac.
- Next, press and hold the Shift+Control +Option+ Power Button at the same time.
- Press the keys until you see a light blinking on the power adapter.
- This show that the SMC reset has completed successfully.
SEE ALSO: How to Reset SMC, NVRAM or PRAM and restart Mac in Safe Mode?
These are the simple fixes that you can try out by yourself. If these are not working, please connect Apple Support and get benefited.