One of the users was having a problem with the MacBook Pro which is not charging. He tried out some of the methods but nothing works out. I figured out a few fixes that worked well. So, let me share it with you which may help to sort out the charging issue.
- Try to use the original Mac charger.
- Disconnect all the devices from the mac and try to charge your Mac again.
- Check for dirt or dust in the charging port and if you found any, clean it immediately.
- Replace your power adapter, if it is damaged.
Fix 1: Check the Battery life
Firstly, you have to check the battery life of your MacBook. To do that follow the steps below.
- On your MacBook, press and hold the Option key (alt) and click on the battery icon.
- It will show the condition of your battery.
- Normal: The battery is in good condition and it doesn’t want a replacement.
- Replace Soon: The battery drains its life a little faster than before. So, it has to be replaced soon.
- Replace Now: The battery is in the final stage and it must have a replacement as soon as possible.
- Service Battery: The battery has to be changed immediately.
- Check your battery condition and if it required a replacement do it immediately.
Fix 2: Hard restart your Mac
If the above solution doesn’t work, then try this hard restart method. This will surely help you to fix this issue on your Mac. To do that,
- On your Mac, press and hold the Power button, until you hear the startup sound.
- This method will help you to refresh the MacBook.
Fix 3: Reset the SMC on your Mac
If this issue is due to a software bug, then reset the SMC on your Mac. To do that,
- Firstly, shut down your MacBook.
- Then wait for 10-15 seconds and plug the power adapter into the Mac.
- Next, simultaneously press and hold the Shift+Control +Option at the same time.
- And press the keys and hold the power button until you see a light blinking on the power adapter.
- Then the SMC reset has been completed successfully.
SEE ALSO: How to Reset SMC, NVRAM or PRAM and restart Mac in Safe Mode?
These are simple methods that you can try out by yourself. If these are not working, then please contact Apple Support and get benefited. Thank you…