Many Mac users often had reported that Mac volume button not working. Volume and audio playback problems on Mac are fairly common. Even I too had the same problem and I discuss with my one of the friend and he suggests to me some solution to solve it. After I tried those steps my mac volume button works now. So I’m gonna share the same steps to solve your problem. Hope it will useful to you.
Solution 1: Check the Keyboard Settings
- Open Keyboard System Preferences.
- Make sure whether options like F1, F2 etc keys functions allow or not.
- If option enables then disable the key.
Solution 2: Remove Google Music Extension
- Sometimes while using Google Music Extension in chrome you may cause a problem like Mac volume button not working.
- While accessing this extension it controls all media keys and also your iTunes.
Solution 3: Try it
- Shut down your Mac.
- Press the Power button and then click Command +Alt+R+P keys together.
- Press the key until you hear the third chime from Mac then release the key.
- Then Mac starts to boot.
Solution 4: Reset Core Audio
- By using spotlight search icon and then search “Terminal”.
- Type “sudo killall coreaudiod”.
- If you reset the API then check your sound whether it working or not.
Solution 5: Contact Apple Support
If your device is under any warranty status, then you can Contact Apple Support for further Repair or Replacement.
Hope the above solutions will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You.