After adding printer in MacBook Pro, users can’t print page. When they try to print, print job is held with the following status:-
On hold (authentication required):
Solution 1: Enter users ID and password
- Click the Resume button.
- Enter your user id and password in the authentication window.
Solution 2: Delete printer based password in Keychain
If you are still getting “Authentication Required” error when your try to connecting to a shared printer which is connected to a Mac or Windows,
- Launch Keychain Access and delete all items/passwords linked to the problem printer.
- Try to print again.
- It now show a dialog box to enter your username and password.
- Enter Username : guest, Password : guest.
- Tick he check box “remember” in keychain.
- Press OK.
If you knew any other solutions to fix ” Mac/Windows Printer job “On hold (Authentication required)” error, inform us via comment.