One of my friend told me that his Epson printer didn’t work after high sierra. He also can’t print and to reset the printing systems. Even he can’t add a printer or network printers on High Sierra. Also he can’t even add Let see how to solve this problem.
First to check
- First of all you have to check whether you have plugged in the printer with your Mac correctly.
- If you are connected it with USB cable check that too.
- You are using network printers means then make sure both of your system and printer on same network.
- Also check your printer is turned on or not.
Note: If same network is shared by various printers you need to select yours.
- Also detect the paper is jammed or not, and the ink level.
- If you are using network printers just check the wifi/internet connection.
- Your printer sometimes need an update for high sierra.
If you can’t print
Fix 1: Localhost 631
- First you need to reset the printer queue.
- Turn on the CUPS interface, then on the terminal window just type the following command,
- After that you need to access it through the web browser on the port 631.
- Then choose the Administrator tab “.
- In that add the printer by pressing on the ‘+’ button.
- It’s time to select the required printer and print.
Note: Instead Of choosing ‘Administrators’ tab choose “CUPS for Administrators”.
- In that tap on “Adding Printers and Classes” -> “Printers” -> “Add Printer”.
- It’s time to select the required printer in “Discovered Networks Printers”.
- After that follow the steps for the printer type you have.
- In “Printers” menu you can witness your printer in the system settings for Printers and Scanners.
- Now you can print.
Fix 2: Update Printer
- Update your printer into the version which referred for high sierra. It’s nothing but update your printer driver.
- Erase all the contents in the directory, for that
- Go to library -> printers -> then follow the instructions.
- Then you have to add a printer once again in the System Preferences.
Note: EPSON PX is advisable to install.
- That should be a NAT IP address. Because at times that may be in dublication.
Fix 3: For Epson PX730WD
- You need to set up a fixed IP address for your printer.
- By entering the assigned IP address, install the printer from IP tab.
- Then choose PX730WD software.
- Next restart everything like the printer, the router and all the accompanied machines.
Fix 4: Via Options Supplies
- Launch Apple menu -> System Preferences -> tap on Printers & Scanners.
- Tap on ‘Options Supplies’, in that check the web page for your printer and copy the IP address.
- You need to add a new printer by clicking on ‘add new printer or scanner’.
- Tap on IP tab and paste the copied address.
If you can’t add a printer
Fix 1: Reset Printing System
- Just reset the printing system before clicking on ‘+’ button. For that,
- Apple menu -> System Preferences -> tap on Printers & Scanners.
- At the left side of the window do a right click on the ‘list of devices’.
- Then click on ‘reset Printing System’.
Fix 2: Through Reinstall
Reinstall both the drivers and printers.
Fix 3: Check for default
- Check that your system in ‘Default’ on Printers & Scanners.
- If so then turn it to ‘IP’.
- Then you can type the IP address of your printer.
- Your system will find it and will show your Printer’s model number.
If you know any other questions and solutions regarding printing issues in High Sierra let us know via your worthy comments.