One of the iPhone users connects their iPhone to Computer. The problem occurs is that my device (iPhone 4s) doesn’t show up in my iTunes.
Try the below suggestions to resolve the issue.
Solution 1: Install from disk
Connect my iPhone 6 into my laptop and it showed as a device on the laptop itself, but not in iTunes.
Try the below to solve the problem.
In Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Right-click the Apple iPhone, Apple iPad or Apple iPod entry in Device Manager and choose Update Driver from the shortcut menu.
- Click “Browse my Computer for Driver Software”.
- Click “Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my Computer”.
- Click the Have Disk button.
- In the “Install from Disk” dialog, click the Browse button.
- Use this Window to navigate to the following folder:
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\Drivers.
7. Double-click the “usbaapl” file.
8. Click OK in the “Install from Disk” dialog.
9. Click Next and finish the driver installation steps. Open iTunes to verify that the device is recognized properly.
Solution 2: Reopen iTunes
Connect your iPhone to the Computer. Next, quit iTunes and then reopen it. It worked for me.
SEE ALSO: iTunes stuck on “Accessing iTunes Store”, fix
Solution 3: Restart the AMDS
Restart the Apple Mobile Device Service solves the problem.