Many Apple users have a complaint that iTunes isn’t letting me buy songs. Are you one of them? Don’t worry. This is not the biggest issue. Here I am going to tell you the solutions to fix this issue.
Before trying these solutions,
- Make sure that you have enough money on your account to buy a song.
- Restart your device.
Solution 1: Update iTunes Store
If you are using iPhone,
- Open App Store on your iOS device.
- Click “Updates” tap.
- If update is available for iTunes Store, tap “Update”.
If you are using Mac,
- Go to Apple Menu->System Preferences.
- Click “App Store”.
- Select Updates tab.
- If update is available for iTunes, tap “Install”.
Solution 2: Log out of iTunes & App Store and then sign in
- On your iPhone, open Settings->iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on your Apple ID.
- Tap “Sign Out”.
- Restart your iPhone.
- Open Settings->iTunes & App Store.
- Tap “Sign In”.
- Enter your Apple ID & Password and then click “Sign In”.
- Now try to purchase a song.
Solution 3: Force Restart
iPad, iPhone 6 and earlier
Press and hold the Home Button and Power Button (Sleep/Wake) until the Apple Logo Appears.
iPhone 7 & 7 Plus
Press and hold the Side Button and Volume Down Button until the Apple Logo appears.
iPhone 8, 8 Plus, X, XS, XS Max, and XR
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 4: Force close apps
iPad, iPhone 8, 7, 6, 5, and earlier
- Press the Home Button twice. You can see the recently closed apps.
- Swipe all the apps up to close them including music App.
- Swipe the screen up from the Home screen. You can see the recently closed apps.
- Press and hold the app firmly. Tap ‘-’ symbol in the red circle at the left upper corner of the app (OR) after seeing ‘-’ symbol in the red circle, swipe all the apps up to close them.
iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR
- Swipe up the screen from the bottom and pause in the center.
- Swipe all the apps up to close them forcely.
Solution 5: Clear Cookies
- Before clearing cookies, force close apps (Solution 4).
- Open Settings->Safari.
- Tap “Clear History and Website Data”.
- Tap “Clear History and Data” in the pop-up box.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Passcode and Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: Reset All Settings will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, and APN & VPN Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.