When users try to setup iTunes match, they getting error message like “We could not complete your iTunes Store request. An unknown error occurred (4010.)” at the end of step 1. Some times it froze at step 3.
Reason for this error message
Users mostly get this error message when they try to import songs from another MacBook Pro or iMac. If you already enabled family sharing and the songs that downloaded from other family members accounts might trigger this error message.
Try to delete the songs purchased by other family members.
- Launch iTunes.
- Navigate to Store menu.
- Try to hold Option key (Mac) or Shift key (Windows) while turning iTunes Match off. Then enable iTunes Match.
- Restart the computer.
- Try to update iTunes match via Store -> Update iTunes Match.
- Close iTunes Match then re-open again.
- Choose unmatched songs. Right click and select “add to iCloud”.
- Reset iTunes Match settings.
- Restart computer and open iTunes Match. When it getting started stop iTunes Match process and Genius update. So no spinning wheel anymore. Then select Store > Update Genius. After genius update done, select iTunes Match and press “start”.
If your issues not solved yet, do let us via comment.