When Mac users try to quit (cmd + Q) iTunes, it instantly re-opens or keeps restarting. This issue mostly happened in iTunes 12, iTunes 10, iMac, Windows 7, or Windows 8 64 bit. It’s making frustrating to users. Don’t worry guys. Here is the article I will show you how to fix this issue. So let’s try the below methods and get benefited.
Solution 1: Remove or disable Apps
- Uninstall Gimme Some Tune.
- Hazel (clean-up utility) automatically adds music and PDFs from your Music and Documents folder directly into the iTunes library.
- So remove these rules or uninstall this software.
- Next, disable Hyperdock.
- Remove or disable the I Love Stars app.
- Avoid launching UAC (music app).
Solution 2: Delete Preference files
- Remove .plist files from preference folder, inside the library folder.
- /username/Library/Preferences/ folder.
- Ex : com.apple.iTunes.plist
Solution 3: Delete Widgets
Delete widgets that were directly related to iTunes like the timer/alarm clock widget which can play iTunes music as an alarm.
Ex: Red alarm clock.
Solution 4: Set Compatible Mode
- If you are using a Window operation system, follow this method.
- Right-click the iTunes shortcut on the desktop and select ” Open containing folder“.
- Right-click the iTunes.exe file and choose properties.
- Choose the Compatibility tab.
- Set Windows 7 or 8 compatible mode.
- Check this box “Run this program as an administrator“.
Solution 5: Log out of iTunes
- Go to the App Store.
- Then log out of iTunes and log in back.
Solution 6: Un-Check Wi-Fi sync
Un-check the ” Wi-Fi sync” feature within iTunes.
Solution 7: Quit iTunes
If you use Windows OS, use Windows Task Manager (Ctrl + Alt+ Delete) to quit iTunes (as a temporary solution).
Solution 8: Turn Off Bluetooth
Turn off Bluetooth and try again to exit iTunes.
Solution 9: Turn OFF iTunes Sharing Feautres
Turn off iTunes-specific sharing features in iTunes preferences like “home-sharing” and “individual playlist sharing”.
That’s it. If your iTunes automatically reopening itself issue still occurs then contact your Apple support team. And if you know any other suggestions or doubts let me know through the comments section below. Thank you.