Many of the iPhone users have experienced many issues. The most common issue that occurs for every user is “Apple ID won’t connect to iPhone XS, XS MAX”. Do you have this error? If Yes… this was the right time to read this article and this will help you to solve your issue. Here I gonna share you some fixes to get rid of this problem efficiently.
Fix 1: Check Date and Time
- Go to Settings -> General.
- Tap “Date & Time”.
- “Enable” Set Automatically.
Fix 2: Sign out and Sign in Apple ID
To Sign Out,
- Launch “Settings”.
- Tap “iTunes and App store”.
- Tap “Apple ID”
- Tap “Sign Out” at the pop-up box.
To Sign In,
- Tap “Settings”.
- Tap Apple ID banner and choose “Sign In”.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password.
- Tap “Sign in” to confirm.
Fix 3: Force Restart your iPhone
- Press the “Volume Up button” and release it.
- Press the “Volume Down button” and release it
- Then, press and hold the “Side Button” until the Apple Logo appears.
Fix 4: Restore iPhone to Recovery mode using iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to PC/Computer.
- Launch “iTunes”. Make sure that iTunes is updated to the latest version.
- iTunes will automatically find that your iPhone in Recovery Mode and it will also show a pop-up.
- Tap “Update” or “Restore” in the pop-up box to exit recovery mode. If you select “Update”, iTunes will try to update reinstall iOS without deleting your data. If you select “Restore”, iTunes will erase all the data from your iPhone.
- Try “Update”. If it doesn’t work out, try “Restore”.
- Wait until the process gets complete. This process may take more than 15 minutes.
Fix 5: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Hope this article will be useful for your problem. If you find this article as useful kindly share your opinion via comments. Thank You…