Some iPhone users have been complaining that they won’t able to update or download the app from the App Store. I too had this same issue on my iPhone XS Max. Whenever I try to update or download the apps from App Store, It didn’t allow the apps to update or download. One of iPhone user suggested some solutions to solve this problem. I tried those solutions and finally, I solved the issue. Now, I can update or download the app from my iPhone. In this article, I am going to share those solutions with you.
Solution 1: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Sign Out iTunes & App Store and Sign Back In
- Go to Settings -> Apple ID banner.
- Tap “iTunes & App Store”.
- Now, select your Apple ID and you will get a pop-up that you have to tap “Sign Out”.
- Then Restart your iPhone. After that, Sign in the back with iTunes & App Store.
Solution 3: Use Strong Internet Connection
When the internet connection is not good, this problem will occur. So, you have to use a stable Internet connection for an update or download apps. Refresh the Wi-Fi by turning off and on.
- Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi.
- Turn off “Wi-Fi”.
- Soft restart your iPhone and turn on “Wi-Fi”
- Then download or update the app to check.
Solution 4: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Turn on Airplane Mode.
- Wait for few seconds and turn it back off.
Solution 5: Clear App Store Cache
- Open “App Store” on your iPhone.
- In the bottom, you can see some features like Updates, Search, Explore, Top Charts.
- Tap any tab at least 10 times continuously to clear cache from the App Store.
Solution 6: Set Date & Time to Automatically
- Go to Settings -> General -> Date & Time.
- Turn on “Set Automatically”.
- Then Restart your device.
Solution 7: Update the app under Purchased
- Go to App Store.
- In the bottom, tap “Updates”.
- In the upper right corner, tap “Apple ID Photo”.
- Now, tap “Purchased”.
- Here, you can see apps for update and tap “Update” button.
Solution 8: Uninstall and Reinstall the App
- Press and hold the app that you want to delete. Hold this until app icons wiggling and X symbol appear.
- Click the “X” symbol to delete the app.
- Then download and install the app from the App Store.
Solution 9: Reset All Settings
- Launch “Settings”->”General”->”Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 10: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Now, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
We hope that above solutions have solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article tell us through your comments.