Why everyone has a phone? Most importantly for making calls. If we won’t make calls on iPhone, what to do? I know it’s a frustrating issue who are having this. Users have been searching about iPhone won’t make calls, outgoing calls not working on iPhone XS Max, iPhone can’t make calls after an update, iPhone won’t make or receive calls but can text. For those people, I will tell you some valuable solutions to get rid of this problem.
Try these solutions properly. I will sure that your iPhone call problem will be solved after trying. Let’s read to know more..
Solution 1: Enable and Disable Airplane Mode
- Go to Settings on your iPhone.
- Turn off “Airplane Mode”.
- Wait for few seconds and turn it off back.
- Then try to make a call from your iPhone to anyone.
Solution 2: Check Do Not Disturb
If Do Not Disturb mode is on, then you won’t make or receive calls on your iPhone. So, check that this mode is off. To check,
- Go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb.
- If Do Not Disturb Mode is on, you just turn off it.
Solution 3: Restart your iPhone
- Press the power button and either volume up or down button until getting a slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the power button until see an Apple logo.
Solution 4: Check for Software Update
- Connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular Data.
- Now, go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install” if an update is available.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if required.
Solution 6: Remove and Reinsert the SIM
When you won’t make calls or receive calls on your iPhone, remove the SIM from your iPhone. Before removing, shut down your phone properly and then do this. Using Pin, remove your SIM from the slot. There is any dust or water you just clean it by using a cotton cloth. After that, reinsert the SIM and try to making a call to anyone.
Solution 7: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 8: Check the Number Blocked or Not
- Go to Settings -> Phone.
- Tap “Call Blocking & Identification”.
- Under Block Contact, check there any number is blocked. If blocked, then you won’t get a call from them.
Solution 9: Update Carrier Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> About.
- If the update is available, you just update the carrier settings.
Solution 10: Restore your iPhone
Above solutions didn’t work for you, try to restore your phone. Before doing this backup your device.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
We hope that above solutions have solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.