Many Apple users said that they put their iPhone XS on Silent Mode and when they try to turn off Silent Mode, Silent Switch is not working. If iPhone is stuck on Silent Mode, you will not get any notification sound for calls, messages, etc. Here you can find some simple solutions to fix iPhone XS Silent Switch not working.
Solution 1: Use AssistiveTouch
This is an alternative for Silent Switch and this is the temporary solution for this issue.
- Launch Settings->General->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to “AssistiveTouch” and tap it.
- Turn on “AssistiveTouch”.
- AssistiveTouch icon will appear on the screen and tap that icon to get AssistiveTouch menu.
- Tap “Device”.
- Tap “Unmute” if your iPhone is on Silent Mode.
Solution 2: Use Toothbrush
- Clean the Silent Switch with ToothBrush.
- The toothbrush will remove if there any dust or debris in the Silent Switch.
Solution 3: Go to Apple Service Center
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center to repair it.
- Make an Apple genius bar appointment.
If you know any other solutions to fix iPhone XS Silent Switch not working, let us know through your comments.