Some iPhone users have complained that their iPhone XS Max froze and won’t turn off. This is a common issue in iPhone. One of my friends also had this same problem on his iPhone XS. His phone was frozen randomly and can’t turn off. Then he tried some solutions to solve this problem. After tried, the problem was gone and this is a huge surprise to him. Two weeks ago, same this problem occurred on my iPhone XR. I shared about this problem and he suggested some solutions to me what he did actually. I tried those solutions and now there is no issue on my iPhone. In this article, I will share those solutions with you.
Solution 1: Try to Force Restart your Device
- First, press and release the Volume Up button.
- Next, press and release Volume Down button.
- Now press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 2: Use Assistive Touch
- Go to Settings -> General -> Accessibility.
- Tap on “Assistive Touch”.
- Then you can see the virtual button.
- To turn off your iPhone using Assistive Touch, press the button and tap on “Device” option.
- Now, press and hold the Lock Screen and either volume up or down button until you see the “Slide to Power Off” appears.
Solution 3: Check for Software Update
- Open Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down the page to find “Software Update” and tap on it.
- There is an update is available, you just tap “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to complete this process.
Solution 4: Restore your Device Using iTunes
Before you doing this, back up your device because it will erase all data on your Phone.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to the latest version.
- Connect your iPhone or iPad via data (USB) cable to the Mac.
- Tap your iPhone icon when it shows on iTunes.
- Select the Summary tab and tap “Restore iPhone”.
- A new box will open to ask to confirm the action. Tap “Restore”.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restart, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
I hope this article has solved your problem. If you know any other solutions to solve this problem, tell us through your comments.