There are many iPhone XS and XS Max users have reported that their phone calls dropped while speaking with someone up to 5 minutes. I think this is a most irritable issue on recent iPhone models. I have also had this same issue. When I got an important call from my company suddenly it disconnected. Then again I called them and spoke. That was a time my friend has helped me solve this issue. Somehow I fixed this call drops issue. Many people have searched about this problem in forums. For those, I going to tell you the solutions to solve this problem.
Solution 1: Restart your iPhone
- Press and hold the power button until getting a slider.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Wait for few seconds, then turn it on back.
- Another way to restart your device is, go to Settings -> General -> Shut Down.
Solution 2: Force Restart your device
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Check for Software Update
iPhone call drops problem occur when we have an old version of iOS. So, we have to update it to the latest version. To update,
- Open Settings -> General.
- Scroll down the page and tap “Software Update”.
- If an update available here, tap “Download and Install”.
Solution 4: Remove and Insert the SIM card
When you have faced this call drops issue on your iPhone, try to remove your SIM card from the slot and reinsert it. Then check whether it’s working or not.
Solution 5: Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter the Passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Solution 6: Reset All Settings
- Go to “Settings”->“General”->“Reset”.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Solution 7: Check for Carrier Settings Update
- First, connect your iPhone to Wi-Fi or Cellular network.
- Go to Settings -> General -> About. Wait for 20-25 seconds.
- If an update is available, a pop-up box will appear. Tap “Update” in the pop-up box.
When you insert a new SIM, download the Carrier Settings for your New SIM.