Many Apple users have a complaint that Ear Speaker not working on their iPhone. If Earpiece doesn’t work, we can’t hear the sound on phone calls. Here I am going to tell you the solutions for Earpiece not working on iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR.
Before trying these solutions,
- Unplug the headphones if connected.
- Remove the case from your iPhone.
Solution 1: Turn Off Bluetooth
- Open Settings->Bluetooth.
- Turn off “Bluetooth”.
Solution 2: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up Button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down Button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side Button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 3: Set Call Audio Routing to Speaker
- Open Settings->General->Accessibility.
- Scroll down to find “Call Audio Routing” and tap it.
- Select “Speaker”.
Solution 4: Clean Earpiece grill (Receiver)
- Disconnect all cables that have plugged into your phone.
- Turn off your phone.
- Take a q-tip and rubbing alcohol.
- Apply little alcohol on q-tip.
- Start rubbing the earpiece with the q-tip.
Solution 5: Remove the Screen protectors
- Make sure that nothing is blocked the receiver.
- If you use Plastic Cover/Tempered Glass, remove it. Because it may block the receiver.
Solution 6: Use Headphones
- Plug the headphone into the jack.
- Ask someone to call you and attend the call.
- Unplug the headphones while speaking.
- Now check whether ear speaker is working or not.
If you know any other solutions to fix iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR Ear Speaker Not Working, let us know through your comments.