Many of the iPhone users have a complaint that their “iPhone XS becomes unresponsive or Not Responding” and also these issues are happening after their device is updated to the latest iOS version. Luckily, Apple support gave the solutions to solve this problem. If you guys have the trouble of unresponsive issue kindly read this article and this will help you. Here the solutions,
Solution 1: Restart your device
- Press and hold the Power Button until the slider appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- After your iPhone turns off, press and hold the Power button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Force Restart your iPhone
- Press the “Volume Up button” and release it.
- Press the “Volume Down button” and release it.
- Then, press and hold the “Side Button” until the Apple Logo appears.
Note: If it doesn’t work out, force restart your iPhone while charging.
Solution 3: Update All Apps
- Open App Store.
- Tap Update icon at the bottom right corner.
- Then tap Update All button at the top corner.
- Enter your Passcode and wait for few seconds for an update.
Solution 4: Reset All Settings
- Open “Settings”.
- Tap “General”.
- Scroll down to find “Reset” and tap it.
- Tap “Reset All Settings” in the pop-up box.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: Reset All Settings will remove all Bluetooth pairing details, saved Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, and APN & VPN settings.
Solution 5: Restore Factory Default Settings via iTunes
- Launch iTunes on your system.
- Connect your iPhone XS to the system via USB or Lightning Cable.
- If required tap “Trust this Computer” on your iPhone and then follow the instructions to proceed.
- At the iTunes choose “iPhone XS”.
- Tap “Summary” section on the left side of the iTunes.
- Tap “Restore” button to instigate iOS reset.
- If required tap “Restore” button again to confirm. This will prompt iTunes to erase your device and then install the latest software version.
Solution 6: Restore in Recovery Mode via iTunes
- Connect your iPhone to the system via USB or Lightning Cable.
- After it connects, press and release the “Volume Up Button”.
- Then, press and release the “Volume Down Button”.
- Next, press and hold the “Side/Power” Button and continue to hold as it restarts. Don’t release the “Side/Power” button until the Apple Logo appears.
- Release the “Side/Power” button when you see the “Connect to iTunes” logo on the screen.
- On the system, navigate to iTunes then you need to see the message saying that you are connected to the iOS device is in recovery mode and prompts options to update or restore.
- Select “Restore” option to wipe everything from the phone system and then restore iOS through iTunes.
Hope this article will be useful to you. If you find this article as useful to you kindly share your opinion via comments.