As you all know, WiFi issues are common on the iOS device. Some iPhone XS, XS Max users reported WiFi not connecting and also a weak signal. I too had the same problem and I tried some steps to solve this issue then it works. Now my WiFi signal is faster. So by sharing my steps might helps your issue.
Solution 1: Check the Router
- Make sure that your WiFi router is on.
- If you are not near to the WiFi router, you can’t receive a signal. So you have to within range.
Solution 2: Turn on & off WiFi and Airplane mode
- Launch Settings.
- Tap WiFi and then turn off it.
- Wait for few seconds and turn on it again.
- Then tap Airplane Mode and turn on it.
- Again turn off it.
Solution 3: Force Restart
- Press Volume Up button and then release it quickly.
- Press Volume Down button and then release it quickly.
- Finally, press and hold the Side button( Wake/Sleep button) until the Apple logo appears.
Solution 4: Turn off WiFi Assist
- Launch Settings > Cellular.
- Scroll down to see WiFi Assist and then turn off it.
Solution 5: Forget WiFi Network
- Launch Settings.
- Tap WiFi.
- Then tap the “i” icon next to the WiFi network.
- Tap Forget this Network.
Solution 6: Reset Network Settings.
- Launch Settings> General.
- Scroll down and click “ Reset”.
- Select Reset Network Settings.
- Enter your Password.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box to confirm.
Solution 7: Change to google DNS
- Launch Settings > WiFi.
- Select the WiFi Network that you want to change the DNS number.
- Tap Configure DNS.
- Delete the current DNS number and enter new Google DNS number 22.214.171.124
Solution 8: Disable WiFi Networking under Location Services.
- Launch Settings > Privacy.
- Tap Location Services > System Services.
- Turn off WiFi Network.
Solution 9: System Update
- Launch Settings->General.
- Tap on “Software Update“.
- If an Update is available, tap “Download and Install”.
Hope the above solutions will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You.