I bought a new iPhone Xs for my sister. I couldn’t activate the phone. When I was trying to activate my phone, I got this error “We couldn’t complete the activation of your iPhone. The SIM card in your new iPhone is not the one that shipped with it. Please reinsert that SIM card and restart your activation process”. But I have used correct SIM. After many tries, I activated my phone. Here I am going to tell you how to fix activation issue on iPhone XS and I am sure these solutions will be helpful to you.
Solution 1: Restart your Phone
- Press and hold the side button or volume button until the slider appears.
- Next, drag the slider to turn off your device.
- To turn on your device, press and hold the side button until the Apple logo appears.
- Another way to restart your phone is, go to Settings -> General -> Shutdown.
Solution 2: Change the Internet Connection
If you are using cellular data to activate your iPhone, switch it to the trusted Wi-Fi network.
- Go to Settings -> Wi-Fi.
- Turn on Wi-Fi and it will search the available networks.
- Select the one which you want to connect if it’s reliable.
- Now, try to activate your iPhone.
- Home Screen Rotate Not working on iPhone Xs Max
- Unable to Close Apps on iPhone X, Xs and Xs Max in iOS 12
- iPhone Xs Not Connecting to iTunes – Fixed
Solution 3: Try a New SIM
If your sim card is damaged, the activation problem will happen. So, you have to try a new SIM to activate your iPhone XS.
Solution 4: Activate your iPhone via iTunes
If the above solution didn’t work for you, try this.
- Make sure that you have updated iTunes version and computer has Internet Connection.
- Now, open iTunes on your computer and connect your iPhone to the computer.
- Wait until the computer detects and activate your iPhone Xs.
- If you get, “Restore from Backup” or “Set up as New” which means that your phone was activated.
- If you get, “The SIM card is not compatible” contact your carrier.