Do you have this issue ” Headphone mode not working on iPhone XR and iPhone XS “? I had the same problem. This issue may cause for two reasons one is Hardware problem and another is Software problem. If you find it is Hardware problem then move to Apple Support. I had the software problem and I use some tricks to overcome my problem. Those tricks work for me. So now I’m gonna share those tricks with you. Hope it will use to solve your problem.
Solution 1: Restart Your Device
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until the slide to power off screen appears.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Again press and hold the Sleep/Wake button until you see an Apple Logo.
Solution 2: Clean Headphone Jack
Clean using brush or cotton. Otherwise, use correct tools to clean
Solution 3: Check Call Audio Routing
- Launch Settings.
- Scroll down to see General and then tap it.
- Tap Accessibility.
- Tap Call Audio Routing.
- Select Automatic option.
Solution 4: Reset All settings
- Launch Settings > General.
- Scroll down to see Reset and then tap it.
- Tap “Reset all Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and then tap “Reset All Settings” in Pop-up box to confirm the action.
Solution 5: Restore your Device
- Go to iTunes on your Mac.
- Connect your iPhone via Lightning cable.
- Then Hard Reboot your Device.
- Press and release Volume Up Button.
- Press and release Volume Down Button.
- Press and hold until you see the iTunes and Lightning cable logo.
Hope the above solutions will be useful for you. If you have any doubt regarding this article, please share us via comments. Thank You…