I had experienced an issue on my iPhone XS Max that is my phone won’t ring when I got a call. If anyone called me, I don’t know because of this issue. It was really frustrating to me. One of my friends too had this same issue on his iPhone XS Max but he solved this issue. Then he suggested me to try some solutions to solve this problem. After trying, the problem was gone. In this article, I am going to tell you some solutions to fix this problem.
Solution 1: Force Restart
- Press the Volume Up button and release it.
- Press the Volume Down button and release it.
- Press and hold the Side button until the Apple Logo appears.
Solution 2: Check Silent/Ring Button
If your phone is on Silent mode, it won’t ring. So make sure that your phone is not on Silent mode.
- Above Volume buttons (left side of your phone), you can see the Silent / Ring switch.
- If your phone is on Silent mode, you can see an orange color. To enable Ring mode, move the switch to right side.
Solution 3: Check Ringer & Alerts Volume
- Go to Settings -> Sounds.
- Make sure that Ringer and Alerts volume is full. If it’s slow, increase the volume.
Solution 4: Check Do Not Disturb Mode
- If you enable Do Not Disturb mode on your phone, then you won’t get called. So, check it whether it’s enabled or disabled.
- To check, go to Settings -> Do Not Disturb.
- Turn off Do Not Disturb if it’s on.
Solution 5: Turn off Bluetooth
If your phone is connected to any other Bluetooth devices/accessories, you can’t hear the ringtone sound through the speaker. So, turn off Bluetooth.
- Open Settings -> Bluetooth.
- Turn off “Bluetooth”.
Solution 6: Unplug Headphones
- If your phone is connected to headphones, you can’t hear ringtone through the speaker.
- So, unplug headphone if connected.
Solution 7: Reset All Settings
- Go to Settings -> General -> Reset.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Enter your passcode and restrictions passcode.
- Tap “Reset All Settings”.
- Again tap “Reset All Settings” to confirm.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & Passwords, APN & VPN, Settings, and Cellular Settings of your iPhone.
Solution 8: Enable Allow Notifications for Phone and messages
- Go to Settings app on your iPhone.
- Tap “Notifications”.
- Turn on Allow Notifications for Phone and Messages.
Solution 9: Check for Software Update
- Go to Settings -> General -> Software Update.
- If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Then follow the instruction to update.
Solution 10: Restore your iPhone via iTunes
Before restoring, backup your iPhone. Because this action will erase your phone’s data.
- First, connect your iPhone to the Mac.
- Then open iTunes on your Mac.
- Click iPhone icon at the top.
- Now, click the Summary tab at left corner.
- A pop-up box will appear to confirm the action and tap Restore.
- Then iTunes will restore your iPhone.
- When your phone restarts, you can see a few options. You have to select “Set Up as New iPhone”.
We hope this article has solved your problem. If you have any doubt or idea regarding this article, tell us through your comments.