Many iPhone X users have a complaint that Wi-Fi is slow on their device after updating ios 11. They say that their network speed is normal but apps take too much time to load. If you have the same issue, this article will help you to fix it.
Before trying these solutions, Make sure that you are not far from the Router/Hotspot and you are within a range.
Solution 1: Reset Network settings
- Go to Settings->General->Reset.
- Tap “Reset Network Settings”.
- Enter passcode if required and tap “Reset Network Settings” in the pop-up box.
Note: This action will reset all Wi-Fi Networks & passwords, APN & VPN settings, and Cellular Settings of the iPhone.
Solution 2: Force/Hard Restart
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep) until the Apple logo appears.
Note: Don’t press Volume Up and Volume Down simultaneously.
Solution 3: Forget Wi-Fi Network and join again
- Go to Settings->Wi-Fi.
- Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on.
- Tap on the info symbol near to the Wi-Fi network name that your phone want to forget.
- Tap “Forget This Network”.
- Tap “Forget” in the pop-up box to confirm the action.
- Then Rejoin to the same network or any other Wi-Fi networks.
Solution 4: Power cycle (restart) the router or Hotspot
If you are using wireless router,
- Disconnect the router from the power. To do it unplug the power cord from the back of the router. Wait for some time.
- Then plug the power cord into the router.
If you are using wireless hotspot,
- Turn off the hotspot. Wait for 30 seconds.
- And turn on it.
Solution 5: Check Wi-Fi Network issues and try different networks
- Go to Settings->Wi-Fi. Make sure that Wi-Fi is turned on and you can see connected Wi-Fi network name.
- If there is any problem with the connected Wi-Fi network, you can see the alert like ”No Internet Connection” under the Wi-Fi network name. So try another network and check the Wi-Fi Speed.
SEE ALSO: WiFi dropping/turning off itself Automatically on iPhone
- Check Apple warranty status. If your iPhone covers warranty, take it to the Apple Service Center.
- Make sure that you have updated your device to the latest version of iOS.
- Reset/Restore your iPhone x to Factory Settings.
If you know any other solutions to fix this issue, let us know through your comments.