I have an iPhone X. Last week I had an issue with this that Proximity Sensor always on since iOS 11.3. It’s really important during phone calls. But the screen went black while using my Phone. It was really frustrating. One of my friends told me some solutions to fix this problem. After trying these, there is no issue till now. Here’s I am going to tell you the fix iPhone X Proximity Sensor always on or not working issue. If you have this same issue on your iPhone, you can try these solutions.
Solution 1: Force restart
- Press “Volume Up button” and quickly release it. And then Press “Volume Down button” and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the “Power” button until the “Apple logo” appears.
Note: Don’t press “Volume Up” and “Volume Down” at the same time.
Solution 2: Update iOS
This error may have happened of current iOS. So, you have to update an iOS. It will fix your Proximity Sensor problem.
- Open “Settings” app on your iPhone.
- Then click “General” -> click “Software Update”. If an update available here, you just click “Download and Install”.
- Next, enter your passcode if prompted.
- Click “Agree” to the Terms and Conditions.
- Again click “Agree” to begin the process.
Solution 3: Press the Proximity Sensor
This method might be work for you. You just hard press the proximity sensor. Then slowly release it. You just do it for 2 or 3 times. Then check whether it’s working or not.
Solution 4: Restore your phone in DFU/Recovery Mode
Before doing it make sure that you took a Back Up. because this action will erase all data on your phone.
- Connect your iPhone X via Lightning (USB) cable to the Mac or PC.
- Open iTunes on your PC or MAC. Make sure that iTunes is upgraded to latest version.
- Press Volume Up button and quickly release it. And then Press Volume Down button and quickly release it.
- At last, press and hold the Slide button (Wake/Sleep button).
- Don’t leave it after seeing Apple logo appears.
- Keep holding until the recovery mode screen appears. A box will open with three option. Choose “Restore” or “Update”. Wait until the process is finished.
- Then restart your device force.
Solution 5: Erase All Content and Settings
Before doing this backup your device. Because this action erases your phone’s data.
- Open “Settings”.
- Click “General” -> click “Reset” -> click “Erase All Content and Settings”.
- Enter the passcode if prompted. Then click “Erase iPhone”.
Hope you that these solutions have resolved your Proximity Sensor issue on your iPhone. If you have any doubt or ideas, tell us through your comments.